- The Difference Between Significant and Not Significant is Not Statistically Significant
Reassuring … ;-)(tags: significant, statistics, paper, toread)
- Smart Mobs: Cooperation Prevails When Individuals Adjust Their Social Ties
Paper shows "cooperation cannot evolve as a result of ‘social viscosity’ alone in heterogeneous networks with high average connectivity, requiring the additional mechanism of topological co-evolution to ensure the survival of cooperative behaviour"(tags: paper, toread, cooperation, social_networks)
- Al concerto? Ora ci si va con il car pooling – Corriere della Sera
Dare e trovare passaggi per andare ad assistere ad eventi di vario genere: Ã¨ la nuova filosofia di un servizio Ticketone e Muoversi(tags: italiano, corriere, muoversi, carpooling)
- Swivel is a place where curious people explore data, all kinds of data.
Clever idea! Swivel have lots of dataset (you can upload more) and visual tools for exploring, drawing graphs, … (ideas similar to gapminder.org but more partecipative)(tags: visualization, graphs, data)
- Creating Passionate Users: The "Dumbness of Crowds"
"It’s the sharp edges, gaps, and differences in individual knowledge that make the wisdom of crowds work", Kathy Sierra discuss the (misinterpreted) vision of Web2.0(tags: web2.0, crowds, wisdom, controversiality)
thanks for the link to Swivel!
CEO & Cofounder
The link from SmartMobs has a quite similar approach to what they do in University of Bologna (here